Saturday, October 6, 2012

Countdown To Halloween! Happy October 6 - Uncle Don't Terror Theater



When I was a kid growing up in De Kalb Illinois (1985-1989) I discovered a couple of late night Television Shows that featured old horror movies.  One such show was Uncle Don's Terror Theater (which later became Uncle Don's Theater).  Every Saturday night my brothers I would turn to WQRF channel 39 in Rockford, IL at 10:30 pm.  His jingle would come on I knew I was in for a night of fun horror movies and hilarious parodies and hi-jinx from Uncle Don (Matt Swan).

Some of the movies I remembered he showed were War Of The Worlds, Food Of The Gods, The Leach Woman, Creature From the Black Lagoon, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, (pretty much most of the Universal Monster movies)....

On top of great schlocky movies he did some comedy bits in between the movies and commercials which to me really was the whole draw to the show.  It was great fun all around!

Oddly enough Uncle Don lives in De Kalb now and is the Communication Communication Instructor at Northern Illinois University.

Check out some of these hilarious bits from his show!









No comments: