Friday, April 29, 2011

Micronauts


One of the toys from my childhood was the Micronauts by Mego! These were so original and cool, I wish they had been more popular. I had a few of them and I usually used them with my Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and Fisher Price figures. My favorite was the Pharoid figure that came with an egyptian type sarcophagus and the Baron Zemo figure with magnetic limbs.

It would be great to see these re-released, but then again I don't need another thing to collect.



4 comments:

Lagomorph Rex said...

Actually they were re-released a few years ago.

Pallisades made them, and they were really expensive, and really low quality and didn't really sell all that well.

Thouh they did release 3 different colors of Baron Karza, They only released Force Commander as an exclusive to the Pallisades Fan Club.. he now sells for considerable sums if the current Ebay crop is any indication.. makes me wish I'd shelled out the 120$ and gotten him in 2002.

I've got a good sized collection of them I'm going to be putting up on EBAY soon if you want me to keep you informed.

Eli Arndt said...

I also remember the Marvel comic being one of their more successful toy to comic attempts.

Heck, I remember role-playing in the Micronauts universe using the Marvel Superheroes RPG.

Atom Kid said...

Yeah, let me know Lagomorph. Do you happen to have the Insect creatures (I can't remember what they were called)?

Eli, that would be fun. I didn't realize they made stats for Micronauts in the Marvel RPG.

Eli Arndt said...

I think they were in one of the Dragon Magazine Marvel Phile articles.

If not, the game is so versatile that anything with powers can be run. We ran a cosmic campaign playing Space Knights alongside of ROM too.

-Eli