Sunday, October 4, 2009

Countdown To Halloween: Happy October 4!

Alien Factor

I was ten years old when I first saw this movie on a late night horror show, and I've been hooked ever since! In fact I based my 7th grade art project on Nemoid (the creature at the end of the movie).

This is Don Dohler's first movie and in my opinion, his best! He was best known for monster films with some great creature designs. For a low budget indie movie, this is definitely a high quality alien invasion movie! It's got a decent but simple story but it never gets old. A spaceship crashlands on earth, it was carrying dangerous alien specimens on board and they escape and wreak havoc on a small town. Before the alien pilot dies, he sends a distress signal to his home, and another alien lands on earth diguised as a human scientist. Can he help kill these creatures off before they kill everyone in town........



There was a documentary made about Don Dohler called Blood, Boobs & Beast!

2 comments:

Shawn Robare said...

It's funny how rich the world of no-budget filmmaking is. I've only scratched the surface with outfits like Troma, old John Waters, and Ed Wood. I need to find a good book on the subject. Thanks for pointing to Don Dohler!

Atom Kid said...

No problem! If you get a chance to see AF you're in for a treat!