Monday, September 21, 2009

Super Hero RPG's

When I got into rpg's, superheroes were every bit as important to me as were fantasy characters! I've played quite a few systems.

DC Heroes by Mayfair had a really good system. I mainly stuck to playing the DC characters, but they did have rules for creating your own hero.



Marvel Superheroes was another one that I had, and played quite a bit. Now this one had a better character generation system so I did make a few characters. One in particular that I remember creating was Captain Blitz, a West German superhero (yes I created him during the mid-eighties). I still have the game but the box is no longer around.



Another one that I have some great memories of was Champions. I loved the idea of getting a certain number of points to build a hero. And you could take weaknesses to get additional points.



Heroes Unlimited was one that I played a couple of times. I like the Palladium system! There, I admit it, it's just fun and every game is completely compatible!



Then there was Villains & Vigilantes, which I never played. I'm increasingly intrigued by this game, and one of these days I'll buy it from Ebay or something. I always liked the artwork, and the modules were very original!



All of these games remind me of how much gaming I'm not doing right now!

3 comments:

G. Benedicto said...

The nice thing about V&V is that it's still available directly from Fantasy Games Unlimited for cheap.

http://www.fantasygamesunlimited.net/

Atom Kid said...

Thanks, G. Benedicto. I saw that, but am hoping to find a boxed copy. It's great that FGU is still up and running, although it would be cool to see Chivalry & Sorcery reprinted.

I've also been eyeing Space Opera. Most of the reviews say it was terrible, but I'm still intrigued.

E.G.Palmer said...

I also used to play V&V. I've probably gotta wait for my nephew to grow up some more before I'll have any one to play that with again.
Lots of fun to be had there.