Monday, September 14, 2009

Renegade Craft Fair Overview



My wife and I had the chance to vend at renegade. Our shop, Space Oddities was in the center of the fair. Renegade was really fun to do and was successful, except for a snafu we had with the set up on the first day.




Our Renegade tent mates were wonderful, Daniele and Bryon from My Lavaliere, who makes one of a kind jewelry. We had lots of fun getting to know them and are looking forward to hanging out sometime!

I had the chance to shoot the breeze with many other artists, including:



Jen & Brian Gubicza. They are a husband and wife team that run Zooguu. Jen is a graphic designer and makes a lot of awesome plush toys for kids and for the kids at heart. Brian is an illustrator and sells prints of his work. I bought one he did of Edgar Allen Poe! I can't wait to get it framed!



I also met Johnny Sampson who does some gnarly illustrations and silk screen posters. Most of his stuff is monster and b-movie related themes! Plus he has great taste in music, so we hit it off right away! I'm looking forward to ordering posters and t-shirts from him in the future. Especially the Trashmen poster he did, it's rad!



Another husband and wife team I had the pleasure to meet was Matthew Riedsma and Wendy Withrow. Matthew is a comic writer/illustrator of his autobiographical indie comic called High Maintenance Machine. He also builds websites and does caricatures, he did one of me!

Wendy runs Windy Weather Bindery, she makes high quality hand-bound books and boxes. Hand-made bookbinding is a hard thing to find today, and she does really beautiful work!



It was nice to bump into Matty 80 80, fellow monster enthusiast and bitchin' illustrator!



I bought a couple of t-shirts from Randr (Rise and Resist) Tees they had some horror themed designs that I really liked!



I also had the chance to swing by the Etsy booth and got to meet Etsy's Matt Stinchcomb!

There were a lot of great shops and wonderful people at the show, sorry I can't list everyone. I had a great time and hope to do Renegade again!

No comments: