Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bob Bogle of the Ventures RIP

I don't mean to become an obituary blog, but I thought it needed to be said. Bob Bogle from the Ventures lost his battle with cancer today. Bob was the lead guitarist for one of my favorite instrumental rock groups. The Ventures were made popular by songs like "Walk, Don't Run", "Telstar", "The Lonely Bull", and others. I've been a big fan of the Ventures for years and still enjoy them to this day. If you haven't listened to them, you should check out a greatest hit record. You won't be disappointed.

Here's a link to the story.

Here's a link to a Venture's performance:

link

(For months I've been having trouble pasting the embed code on my blog)

2 comments:

Sham aka Dave said...

Man. I could've sworn they just toured some clubs in the DC area last year. I really enjoy the Ventures, so many great songs. Walk Don't Run and their covers of Perfidia and Sleep Walk and countless others. Great musicians.

Atom Kid said...

Yeah, they still tour. Although with Bob's death, I'm not sure if they'll keep going. I know that when the original drummer died, his son picked up drumming duties.