Friday, April 10, 2009

Swords & Wizardry with my 4 1/2 year old (take 1)

I was planning on running a short first game with my son Lars today. We were driving home from the zoo, and my daughter was asleep, so I was talking to Lars about the game.

I asked him what he wanted to be, and explained all the character classes to him. At first he said he wanted to be a wizard, but then thought about it a moment and said "But aren't wizards not very strong?" (It's really fun listening to him reason this out)

I told him that they weren't but if he used a wizard for a while he could learn powerful magic spells.

He didn't seem interested in any of the races other than human, although when I brought up Hobbits (Halflings) Lars said, "Aren't Hobbits really cute?"

I said, "Sure."

So he opted for a fighter/barbarian named "Fred".

After we came up with his character idea he decided he was too tired to play. So we'll give it another shot later.

No comments: