Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lux Interior R.I.P.

Thank you for making a middle shool/high schooler feel less weird. Knowing that the Cramps shared similar interests as me, like B-movies, comics, cartoons etc. made it that much cooler to me.
You were my Elvis, my Beatles, my Rolling Stones!
You will always be the Human Fly, Gore Hound, Goo Goo Muck, the Garbage Man, and the Creature From the Black Leather Lagoon. I'll never forget your strange antics and lyrics, and your cover songs of long forgotten garage bands that turned me on to more obscure rock'n roll.

I don't have much to say, 'cause the words escape me, but THANK YOU, Lux Interior!






4 comments:

Jewelry by Jozie said...

I've never heard of them I'm afraid. But according to my friends, I live in a cave. I'm sorry to hear that the singer from a band you enjoyed passed.

snowdrop said...

That was a great post, thanks!

Atom Kid said...

Thanks Snowdrop!

Jozie, if I were to describe them, I would say if you mixed Elvis, Johnny Cash, Link Wray, Davie Allen and the Arrows and 50's and 60's B-movie/horror flicks that would be close.
They were great!

Sham aka Dave said...

Sad news indeed. I posted a few of their vids for a Halloween flashback. Human Fly is indelibly seared into my brain. Lux will be missed.