Thursday, February 19, 2009

Greatest Fantasy Album Covers: The Four Eyes

The Four Eyes - Rock & Role Playing

Okay, they're a newer band and most people haven't heard of them, but how can you say no to an album cover with a rust monster on it?!
A Larry Elmore Red Box Basic D&D illustration at that (do I officially have my geekdom credit for that?)!
All of The Four Eyes music revolves around roleplaying, WOW, and other geeky ephemera. And the music is fun too! It reminds me of The Hi-Fives or The Fall-Outs (if that means anything to anyone). Really up-tempo energetic tongue in cheek pop punk!
Here's their website if you want to check them out: http://thefoureyes.com/index.shtml



5 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I'll have to check them out. Love the album with the Sinistar machine too :-)

Atom Kid said...

Sinistar!

That's what that machine was! I vaguely remember playing it.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Midway used to have it on their website to play, but I don't see it anymore. I remember someone saying it was the hardest game ever (not Kevin Smith, I don't think, but someone of his ilk perhaps). It is a deadly hard game, but then again, I suck at arcade games :-)

gilligan said...

Great find! This one may be a contender for the nerdiest album cover ever - an authentic rust monster!

Here's my vote for nerdiest band to check out when you get a chance.

http://my-retrospace.blogspot.com/2009/01/nerdiest-band-ever.html

I always loved the Molly Hatchet artwork, but hated the actual music.

Great blog going on here - found it via Darius Whiteplume. I've added it as a fave. Keep 'em coming!

Atom Kid said...

Hey thanks, Gilligan!

I just added yours too! You've got a lot of great images on there, takes me back to when I was a kid!