Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Small Faces

I love The Small Faces! I filled up my 6 CD disk changer up with their CDs. This mod quartet didn't get much play in the U.S. but were pretty big in Europe.
Their songs were very catchy, and they rocked hard. I love the organ in their music, it reminds me of Booker T and the MGs! If I ever played in a band again I think I would do a Small Faces tribute band.
Steve Marriot (singer and guitar player) went on to start Humble Pie and Ronnie Lang (Bass Player, and back up vox) went on to start Slim Chance. Unfortunately they are no longer with us. Steve Marriott died in a House Fire and Ronnie Lang succumbed to complications of Multiple Sclerosis.
Their music still lives on, and these videos really capture their energy on stage!





1 comment:

Debra said...

Cool! I like the music. Thanks for sharing.