Saturday, August 30, 2008

Real Rock 'n Roll

I might be getting older, but I've gotta say the state of rock 'n roll is looking pretty grim. Cookie cutter emo, pop tarts, and wuss rock galore is what gets radio play. With the exclusion of the underground scene and classic rock 'n roll, I'd rather not listen to music.
I love rockabilly! Now if only I were a teenager back in the late 50's.
Here's a rockin' cat that was too cool without the pretensions of trying to act cool. Mr. Bluesuede shoes himself, Carl Perkins!



If it weren't for a near fatal car accident, and a lengthy stay in the hospital he might've been what Elvis became. Although he wasn't the pretty boy Elvis was (no disrespect to the King), and his songs were maybe too country fried for the tastes of city kids. He's still aces to me!

5 comments:

80sMom said...

Hey atomKid!

I've been here today enjoying your blog, but also wanted to let you know YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! Check out my post today to play:

http://trappedinthe80smoms.blogspot.com

I look forward to coming back here and reading your responses!

-Kara

Sarah McBride said...

I have to agree with you on Mr Perkins!
I think his Blue Suede shoes was better than Elvis!!
thanks for sharing

Tracy said...

Carl Perkins really was incredible, truly talented...but you know no one can come close to Elvis to me...million dollar quartet anyone? Hope all is well!

Atom Kid said...

Yes, I neglected my blog.
Thanks for your posts everyone.
80'smom, you've inspired me to work at it more.
Thanks sarah for the comment.
And Tracy, I would never try to replace the King! Million dollar quartet is awesome. Unfortunately my son broke my CD.

treasurefield said...

And what's wrong with "country fried", I'd like to know?! (she says in her country-fried accent)

Have you ever listened to radioparadise.com? It's a great blend of good ol' rock 'n' roll and related stuff*.


(*for lack of a better word)

alisa R. :P